Makes: as much as you can shove in your oven OR 1 head of broccoli
Takes: 10 min prep + 20 min baking
- 1 head broccoli, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil or walnut oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flake and/or powdered garlic and/or minced garlic and/or spices that appeal to you
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (100% optional)
- Put the rack in the middle and pre-heat to 350 deg F.
- Cut the broccoli into stemmed florets and cut in half lengthwise. Peel the stem and cut into spears.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the broccoli with the oil, salt, pepper, and other spices (and parmesan cheese if using).
- Spread on baking sheet in a single layer, cut sides down.
- Bake for 20ish minutes.
The broccoli florets may appear burnt. Try them anyway, they are still good. If they really are burnt, sorry, roast less time or lower temperature.
Yes, eat the stems.
This recipe is flexible on spices. Do what tastes good to you. Personally, I like the intermittent hits of heat from the red pepper flake, but other folks prefer a more even sprinkling of chile powder.